Neil | Benton Arts & Entertainment.
At Neil | Benton we deeply appreciate contributions from many industries and professions, but feel privileged to spend our time serving poets and producers, freelancers and filmmakers, makers and musicians, directors and designers, artists and actors. Professions of the creative enterprises that represent the aspirational, challenging, beautifying, entertaining and educational aspects of the human experience.
Whether you provide commercial production services, documentary filmmaking, live theater, music, dance, television programming, web series, editing, graphic design, online marketing, rental equipment, educational opportunities, or any other production or creative enterprise, we applaud your contributions and want to work with you!
Experts in insurance and risk management
for commercial, entertainment, and live event productions.
What we do.
Our SERVICES define areas of particular expertise that allow our company to create value for clients.
In the production industry, insurance equals access. Whether for a set location, a vital piece of equipment, or union cast and crew, proper insurance protections are a necessity. Obtaining correct coverages at the lowest cost from an agency familiar with your profession is critical to the success of your project and company.
Eliminating and minimizing avoidable risks wherever possible is key to your organization’s short term and long term potential. We assist all clients with identifying and managing areas of potential risk. For our larger clients we provide proactive analysis services aimed at exposing issues before they become problems.
Whether a company or a freelancer, all production professionals face the common questions and growing pains of operating small to medium sized businesses. Our staff have decades of experience in banking, incorporation, accounting, payroll, marketing and other vital areas. We help creative clients navigate unfamiliar entrepreneurial waters.
We provide effective, engaging educational resources to students, aspiring professionals, and established clientele. We have a number of developed workshops, including “Finance for Filmmakers” and “Risk Management 101”. Best of all, we provide these services at NO COST to as many groups as we can. We look forward to training with you!
Why we do it.
Our BELIEFS are ideas on which stand our ability to create value for our clients and communities.
Art is good.
We believe that creative industries (arts, entertainment, commercial, industrial and educational) supported by consumers and fans are inherently positive sum… More is more… All else equal, access to more great films, more educational documentaries, more inspired performances, more engaging entertainment, more beautiful art, more creative design, enhance the lives of individuals and the cultural environment in which they live. We thus believe that we create value for our communities by acting to increase the overall pool of contributors and supporting the ongoing success of existing contributors in the creative industries.
How we do it.
Our VALUES define our culture. They establish the framework in which we engage with coworkers and customers.
CHARACTER is our first and most important value. The critical aspects include:
- INTEGRITY… We are trustworthy business partners who operate our business based on the highest ethical standards.
- HUMILITY… We are honest about the limits of our knowledge and abilities. Our understanding that our successes are built on the efforts of our coworkers and partners, and the trust of our clients, expresses itself as gratitude.
- RESPECT… We accept challenges and diverse opinions. We make courtesy and hospitality a priority. We work to find ever more productive ways to engage with coworkers, partners and clients.
We maintain FOCUS on, and avoid distractions from, critical business priorities. These priorities include:
- LEGAL COMPLIANCE… We begin formation of Capacities and Products by conscientious adherence to regulatory rules and statutory mandates.
- VALUE CREATION… We believe we only profit long term by developing Capacities and Products which demonstrably create value for our clients and communities.
- CLIENT ACCOUNTABILITY… We are dependable client partners. We strive to maintain a deep understanding of the client’s perspective and expectations regarding our actions and offerings.
We desire a culture which values ongoing LEARNING and improvement. In order to achieve that we need:
- KNOWLEDGE… We work to develop processes, experiments and talent which can deliver the best information relevant to our existing services and potential opportunities.
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP… We need all staff to desire action on knowledge and understand how to convert information into sustainable business Capacities and Products.
- CHANGE… In an environment which prioritizes knowledge creation and entrepreneurial initiative we must have a culture which embraces change as a welcome and natural feature of a healthy company.
We want staff who desire not only a paycheck, but a mission-based career which brings them FULFILLMENT. We believe this entails:
- ENGAGEMENT… Employees must be passionate about engaging with our customer base and affiliated entities.
- CONTRIBUTION… They must derive personal subjective value from investing consistent daily effort in the creative industries and individuals we serve.
- ACHIEVEMENT… Team members must have an internal desire to contribute above the average, to achieve abnormal success in their endeavors commensurate with their individual skills and ability.